Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sucked in by Olay



I must share with the blogosphere how much I love this new Olay product.  I am so not getting paid for this post it is strictly on its merits that I talk about it.  I am a sucker for new face and body products.  I was floored when all of the lovely magazines and critics lauded the new Olay Regenerist line.  Of course I didn't pay attention to which specific products were being reviewed and just started picking and choosing from the shelf at dare I say it, Target! 

I have never been a makeup snob.  If it works and I like it and I can get it at the drugstore, all the better.  I am a practical woman, if I can get the same results from a $10 product as I can from a $100 I will buy the $10.  I have never been interested in brands simply because they are the hot thing or they are expensive or popular (especially brands that will not be seen outside of my bathroom).  So for a drugstore brand to all of a sudden get critical acclaim for actual results on real people, I had to try. 

I highly recommend this to anybody who needs exfoliation.  My skin has changed since babies.  I tend to have more roughness, discoloration and fine lines.  I don't have large wrinkles (except on my forehead) or a lot of age spots.  I don't think this product is a miracle worker for those problems, but for dryness, small discoloration, fine lines and rough skin this provides amazing results in three days or less.  This is the Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub.  I have tried the Hydrating Mouse - terrible and the Regenerating Cream Cleanser was just meh.  This pore scrub, does not dry me out, in fact just the opposite and it makes my face feel like it did when I was 20 very smooth and soft.  They really need this in a body scrub.

This was the last straw.  I had tried a few different Olay products, some mentioned above, that weren't good at all.  So I decided to try one last product with my coupon in hand, and I love it.  Won't change, at least until the next big thing comes along.  Now I am hooked and would like to try the Thermal Mini Peel to see if I can do anything with my age spots (I do have a few), or my bigger wrinkles, very skeptical on both of these.  I also want to try the Microdermabrasion & Peel System.  Right now I think I am good with my overall moisturizer but will probably need to start some sort of eye area specific treatment soon.

No comments: