Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 26 - Third Trimester Hear We Come

Oh my, I kind of forgot what the third trimester is like.  Not all roses.  Jeff says that I have been in the third trimester for at least two weeks!  But today I am 26 weeks, so officially it all begins today. 

I had my doctor's appointment on Monday and had my glucose test which screens for gestational diabetes.  The lab person had to stick me twice, even after I tell her I am no good at this.  I need a big sign that says, I hate this and my veins are terrible - get a big vein to pop out before you ever pick up that needle and don't miss!  But, I must be growing up because I didn't even get queazy, just a little sweaty.  My blood pressure and urine are good, just gained 2 pounds in a month.  I guess that is good, but my belly didn't grow very much so of course I can cling to that to worry about.  I feel baby kicking like crazy though all the time, so everything must be good in there. 

I have started having a little insomnia and lots of dreams.  Only one dream was bad, where I woke up and my belly was flat and I had no idea what had happened to the baby.  Freaky.  My other symptom that is new, huge amounts of emotions.  The highest highs and the lowest lows.  Completely not me, so it feels like my body has been taken over.  Physically, I feel great.  I have been able to exercise and do chores with no pain or sciatica. 

Right now I am trying to figure out what to say when/if the kiddos ask, how the baby got in my belly.  We had the discussion already about how the baby is coming out.  Not as painful as you would think.  (literally)  No, it doesn't come out your belly button.  Yes, you have people to help you.  And then a few details to satisfy their curiosity without causing undue stress.

Both Jac and Mia have been very clingy lately.  I think it has to do with school, but it could be just a phase.  Jeff told me the other night when he put them to bed that they told him, "Daddy we love you, but we like Mommy."  I guess that sums it up. 

I am ready to put all these emotions and hormones away for awhile.  Pretty exhausting.

No comments: