Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reunited And it Feels So Good

Note to self:  do not allow Mia to take her blanket to school. 

Sounds simple, straight forward and logical.  Don't underestimate the power of a four year old's tears on a pregnant woman's psyche.  She asked to take it, I obviously didn't say no, the rest is a sleepless night.

Right around bedtime we realized that Blankie was not in the building.  There were tears, lots of tears.  She actually went to sleep fairly easily.  But I was under no illusion that she would stay asleep.  We made it until 1:30 when she woke up basically screaming.  We all ended up in one bed, except the defector, Daddy.  I am sure that he didn't get a fantastic night's sleep, but I am also sure that his rated much higher than mine. 

I called early this morning to make sure that said Blankie had truly spent the night in Mia's cubby at school.  If not, I had a much bigger issue on my hands.  One requiring a plan, maybe even a night nanny or boarding school.  But Blankie, although lonely was still at school waiting for Mia.

No comments: