Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Prego Slump

I am so in a pregnancy slump.  Yeah, yeah, you've heard it before.  I try not to whine, I don't want to be a whiner, but sometimes, when I am pregnant I just can't help it.  I seem to be able to have amazing energy for a couple of days and then I hit a wall and have to sleep for 23 hours.  This was our weekend.  We did go to our friend's house for some amazing ribs and we went and saw fireworks.  Other than that, I slept, I laid around and I slept some more.  The week at mom's has completed pooped me.

So, to wallow a bit here are some of my symptoms that I am having.  And unfortunately I am smack dab in the middle of the good part.  It doesn't get better than middle of the second trimester.  It is all down hill from here until the bouncing bundle of joy starts sleeping through the night. 

As expressed earlier, I have loads of energy one day, so I use it up!  Then the next day I am completely wiped out.  I feel like an engine that stalls out at a stoplight.  Then there are the headaches.  Basically, anytime I overdo it which seems to be very difficult to guage.  I get this enormous headache, a headache that can last for a day unless I get a good nap to sleep it off.  No, I don't have preeclampsia, my blood pressure is really good right now and no swellling at all yet. 

Of course, then there are the hormones.  They are starting to rear their ugly heads again.  Not really boo hooing, more like I am pissed off at the world.  Hmm, I must be a bundle of joy to live with. 

I have mild sciatica, nothing too terrible and since I am not exercising it doesn't really hurt a lot.  No round ligament pain and really haven't experienced the return of any indegestion, just something to look forward to. 

So there you have it, one joy filled blog post.  Bah humbug. 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I have since our canning experience heard of a quick way to make grape juice. Might try it in the future. Fill clean sterile qt jars with about 1/4-1/3 grapes.Make a light syrup (as sweet as wanted.)Pour over grapes, skins seeds and all. Cold Pack 10 -15 minutes. Wait and drink. But then we would not have gotten the grape butter. But our time would have been cut by about 90%!!!!.