Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He's Back!

Jac left, he was gone and now he is back!  It was hard, but not crazy, like I was worried it would be.  I even felt a bit guilty about sleeping so well.  All in all it was a very good experience for both of us.  I have left him before, that isn't it.  But to have him traveling, out in the world, without me; well, that was new.  Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder and I was very happy to have him back safe in my care, once again. 

He seems to have matured on his trip.  He has thrown a few fits since he got back, but in general is being quite reasonable and what I had always imagined an almost five year old would act like.  My parents said that he was really well behaved, trying lots of new things, eating everything they put in front of him, following the rules and doing a lot of things to take care of himself.  He started buckling his own seatbelt for instance.  I have yet to see this little accomplishment, but I am very excited that it is right around the corner.  It truly is the little things in life. 

He isn't much of phone talker, like most men, but once he got home I got to hear all about the trip.  He continues to be reminded about little things he saw and will get really excited in telling me the story.  I love it.  It is wonderful to have things to talk about that are new and for him to be able to tell me things that excited him that I didn't get to see.  Story telling is an important skill and I love that he likes it. 

Here are a few quick photos that I nabbed from my parents.  Jac is officially back in the swing of things, going to school, sleeping well at night and remembering the house rules.  No big adjustments that we have had in the past.  He seems confident in his place in the family. 


The Chatanooga Aquarium is wonderful, so I hear!

On the beach, with his cousin.
The condo playset.

No comments: