Tuesday, October 19, 2010

36 Week Doctor Appointment

I am officially off of the medication.  Yay!  It really wasn't too bad, I wasn't having any more headaches.  But I didn't like setting an alarm to take it in the middle of the night.  I guess I have at least a few more nights to eat and sleep as much as I want to.  That may not last for long.

I am one centimeter dilated but not a lot of other action.  With Mia when she sent me home at week 36 I was a 2 or a 3, so a little further along.  I did gain weight this last week, which I hadn't been doing.  Good for baby.  My belly is pretty textbook size at 36 cm.  I am right where I should be! 

The only problem is that I don't have a lot of incentive to bake her much longer.  My belly button hurts!  I am like a turtle on my back trying to get out of bed or up from a chair.  I am not swollen, thank goodness, but I do have enormous difficulty in getting anything off the floor, shaving my legs or tying my shoes.  I would love to be able to pick up Jac and Mia, but that is a thing of the past for now.  I guess the incentive to keep her in there is if I go one more week, she is considered full term and there will be a lot less tests at delivery and while in the hospital.  She may also be more alert than my sleepy little Mia was for the first weeks. 

Good news, we have a name, including a middle name!  We will share it with you in it's finality when the big day arrives.  Bad news, if the ultrasound at 19 weeks was wrong and we are having a boy, we don't have a name.  Jeff and I have talked a little at least, but are pretty far apart still when it comes to boy names.  We also have the crib put together, the car seat cover washed and I have diapers and bottles.  There are still plenty of things to do to be completely prepared, but the necessities are taken care of.

I don't know if I am nesting or if I just have gotten completely disgusted with our house.  Regardless, every day that the baby stays in is one more day I can put things in order.  Some toilets need cleaning and some floors need mopping, along with a lot more! 

The last thing to think about is that Friday is a full moon.  Jac was born close to a new moon (as was Jeff) but my water broke due to a big storm that came through.  Mia was born smack on a full moon (as was I).  So Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all good guesses.  Or I could have a November baby, who knows?

No comments: