Sunday, May 15, 2011

He's Six!

Yes, I am alive.  Three kids has rocked my world and I will definitely never be the same.  I need a nanny, a cook, a cleaner and a driver.  And if I could get someone in here to work my butt out, I would take that too!  We all know babies are hard work, but whoever said just adding another into the mix is no big deal is a LIAR!  It is a huge deal, especially when none of them sleep through the night. 

But I will not whine or complain.  I am so completely in love with these three little people. 

So on to birthday festivities.  He is six.  He is Jac and Jac has been on this Earth six years.  Crazy.  We had a wonderful time with his school friends today.  They came, they played, they ate, they pooped (a lot of them), they ripped through a pinata and then I gladly put them on a bus two hours later.

Here is what I love about my six year old.  I love that Jac believes in Santa, the Easter bunny and basically all things make believe.  I love that he adores his baby sister and says in his best sing song voice at least twenty times a day "it's okay, Stella".  I love that he calls the Drury Inn down the street the "Grand Hotel" because it is the tallest building in our town.  I love it that he truly believes my in-laws home town main street is Radiator Springs.  I love that he is crazy about sports and cars and tag, but can sit down and draw for hours.  I love that he still has potty training issues.  I love that he is completely clueless when it comes to social issues, and says things like "Mom, I just like to chase".  I love it that he sleeps so much better than at five, but still occasionally runs down the hall in the middle of the night.  I love that he and I can have a private joke when Mia says something silly.  I love it that one of his best friends is still a girl.  I love it that he asks for a weather report before he does sidewalk chalk.  I love it that he can now do Legos without my help.  I love it that sausage is up there with cake as his favorite foods.  I love it when he says, "I just need you."

No comments: