Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Spreading Joy



This year I decided to try out a little game in our neighborhood. I have had a neighborhood in the past do it at Halloween time. Basically, it is a chain reaction through the neighborhood. You give an anonymous treat and a sign to a neighbor. They are supposed to hang up the sign on their door and then give two of their neighbors treats and signs. Lots of fun to watch as doors in the neighborhood start to have signs on them that say "JOY".

So the kids and I picked up some cookies at the grocery store. I was going to make them, but considering this is anonymous and the people that I had picked had kids. I figured I better have sealed packages for safety concerns. The pictures are of the kids helping me print out my instruction sheet and the JOY sign. They are always a lot of help.

As I was doing this, I turned around to find Jeff getting ready to bite into one of the cookies we had bought! I admit it, I screamed. I was a bit miffed. I was ready to put the treat on the neighbors doorstep and Scrooge had eaten the cookies! Bah-humbug!

It actually turned out okay, the cookies were yucky. So I went back to the store today and picked out a different treat. We went for a walk before lunch and delivered the treat. Now all we have to do is wait, the hardest part.

No comments: