Friday, January 7, 2011

Stella Six Week Checkup

Stella had her six week checkup yesterday.  It went really well, she was 10 pounds and 10.5 ounces and 22 inches; both of which are 75%.  (This is the smallest six week old that we have had.  Jac was 95% and Mia was 90%, over a pound bigger than Stella.)  I am already tired of lugging around the infant carseat though, even though she is "light" compared to my other kids. 

She wasn't happy about any of the checkup.  We didn't have our regular pediatrician and the doctor was a bit rough for my taste.  And then of course the shots.  She got three shots and was completely beside herself.  After it was over I was going to feed her to calm her down, but she was already in shutdown mode.  She ended up sleeping for two and half hours after the doctor's visit was over. 

She did get a low grade fever and was very tired and a bit fussy, but otherwise, no worse for wear.  The doctor listened to her lungs (while she cried very hard) for a long time and declared them completely clear of RSV.  For her first sickness, she was a trooper and I am so thankful she didn't get any secondary infections. 

I am really trying to soak up her infancy, but the days are just flying by.  It is hard not to wish for an older baby because they become so much easier, but I know that someday I will look back and yearn for a newborn. 

No comments: